Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Job Opportunity Tuesday

CRUISE SHIP LECTURER JOBS

Last summer I worked on the Norwegian Jewel as a digital photography lecturer. I traveled the Baltic and not only had the opportunity to teach cruise ship passengers, but I also got to take pictures for my new book 101 Quick and Easy Secrets to Create Winning Photographs.

I spoke 4 times on the 12-day cruise. The speaking days were the days we were at sea. The lectures included such topics as Your Camera--Making the Connection. The topics had to be catchy because they were listed in the cruise ship daily bulletin.

There were some 100 passengers who attended my seminars. I worked with the assistant cruise director to set up the room for my equipment so I could show PowerPoint slide shows. The classes required a tremendous amount of planning, but who can complain as I worked making PowerPoint slide shows on the deck with peaceful ocean views.

For info about how to become a cruise ship lecturer go here.